Wednesday 3 June 2015

The history of fashion design

Hello all. This is a short post today. I just want to ask what were the origins of fashion design and what were their influences? A bit of generic question, I know. However, if you ask this question now, there are so many answers to it such as cultural and historical influences. Also branding has a strong influence too. Obviously to be seen in certain brands gives some form of status to the individual. For example if you are seen carrying a Mulberry handbag and wearing a Rolex watch you are giving off a pretty powerful signals i'e I am wealthy! If you go further down the line certain brands almost have a class association. Anyway I am going to go away and look into this further. .....I am still in the process of researching the birth of fashion marketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment